Ever had a burning ambition to be an MP? Newly formed political party icount is now taking applications, through the New Zealand job recruitment sites Seek and TradeMe.
The party says politicians have historically ignored their promises, and haven't adequately addressed issues like Tax Cuts, the Number of MPs in Parliament, Anti-smacking legislation, Electoral Finance Act, Increased petrol prices, and Touger sentencing.
icount MPs would have to sign a Code of Conduct, and be bound to vote in Parliament in accordance with "icount policy polls", or forced to resign. The party says it will ensure its MPs are "experts in their areas, and have a positive attitude about making New Zealand the best place to live in the world."
Candidates must have the following attributes:Still interested?? Apply online now...
- Desire, passion and ability to help New Zealand move ahead
- A sound understanding of how the New Zealand political system operates
- A strong understanding of several specialist topic (see the icount discussion area) areas eg Health, Education
- Strong written skills to help inform a balanced view for icount members on political decisions
- Ability to work with other parties and icount members to form policies and law. You must be an icount financial member
- Personal Integrity (eg no punching other MPs, no exaggerating or lying to voters)
Remuneration - 150k+ package
- Base $126,200
- Expenses $14,280
- Executive assistant in his or her parliamentary office
- One full-time equivalent staff member as out-of-Parliament support staff
- Free domestic air, rail and ferry travel
- Free accommodation (for parliamentary business)
- Security system reimbursement
- Landline, internet and cellphone use
- Parliamentary superannuation
- Plus many other perks
Posted at 2:00 pm