Back home in Dunedin for a couple of days. Was working up in Christchurch at 3 for Christmas and Boxing Days. Not too bad, as we had a break on Christmas Day for a nice festive lunch, and yesterday I got to put together a story on the Shaq v Kobe basketball game (Miami Heat v LA Lakers - Miami won, despite Kobe's season high 42 points).
The Black Caps (NZ Cricket team) kicked major butt in the first one dayer match against the touring Sri Lankans. However, it seems like the tour's now in jeopardy, after the earthquake and tsunami that's devastated south Asia.
On a lighter note, just been reading TV Gal's (Zap2it.com) picks for the quotes of the year (tv wise) - Here's my faves amongst the list...
* "They should probably have some counseling." - Kris about Jonathan and Victoria on "The Amazing Race 6.
* "So Robin what's your number now that I can talk to you?" Raj to Donald Trump's receptionist after he had been fired on "The Apprentice."
* "Britney Spears has told family and close friends that she and her new husband Kevin Federline are expecting their first child. So far no word on whether it will be a pimp or a ho." - Tina Fey during the Weekend Update on "Saturday Night Live."
* "We're like yuppies, but without the money, or the kids, or the hypocritical drug position," - Joan about her relationship with Adam on "Joan of Arcadia."
* "Beats the hell out of Beverly Hills." - Alexandra (Shannen Doherty) when asked how she likes Hawaii on "North Shore."
* "He enjoys sunset walks on the beach, punching people and not smiling." - Seth pitching Ryan on "The O.C."
* "You know what they say: revenge is like serving cold cuts." - Tony getting the cliche slightly wrong on "The Sopranos"
For the complete list, click here to read the column at Zap2it.com...
^ Shirley Clamp - Do They Know It's Christmas
^ Hot Pantz - (I'd Like To Give You) One 4 Christmas
^ Ronan Keating & Yusaf - Father & Son ]
Posted at 9:51 pm Monday, 20 December 2004
It's that time of year for the annual Christmas Party season... 3 News had their Christmas Party for the South Island contingent the other weekend - despite the lack of representation by those in the lower south ;-) Here's a few pics from the nite...
Posted at 9:12 pm
Posted at 9:06 pm
Posted at 9:05 pm
Posted at 9:03 pm
Posted at 9:00 pm
Posted at 8:59 pm
Posted at 8:57 pm
Back in October, a group of us from Dunedin Operatic travelled up to Queenstown to see their local performance of Rush - The Musical. (Our society did the world premiere of the show back in 1998). It was a good social weekend away, and here's a few pics that some of the bunch would probably rather not see again! ;-)
Posted at 8:39 pm
Posted at 8:38 pm
Posted at 8:35 pm
Posted at 8:32 pm
Posted at 8:27 pm
Posted at 8:26 pm
Well, after a few years online with a regular website, I've decided to start one of these "new fangled" Blog thingees, to post some semi-regular news updates, and photos of things that really don't fit into Dave Gee Online.
Posted at 5:32 pm